25 Ways to Get Your Roof Ready for Winter
Winter is here. This is the right time for you to get your roof winter-ready. You don’t want to get caught off guard. Disasters can be averted with proper preparation. Below are 25 ways to get your roof ready for winter.
1. Get professional roof assessment. Schedule professional assessment as early as now.
2. Check the area along with the flashing. This is a common spot for leaks.
3. Check roof valleys. Also this one.
4. Check roof shingles. Another common spot for leaks. Checking for missing or broken shingles.
5. Clear your gutters, spouts, and drains. Dirt and debris tend to accumulate in gutters.
6. Repair gutters if needed. If your gutter is broken, fix it.
7. Inspect your chimney. Check your chimney for missing bricks.
8. Check the sealants. If you have antenna then you need to check if the sealant around it need replacement.
9. Check your attic. You need to make sure that your attic is properly insulated.
10. Keep monitoring your roof. You need to constantly monitor your roof before and during the winter months.
11. Make sure insulation is well distributed. This is to help you save up on heating cost.
12. Prevent ice dams from occurring. Snow dams can cause roof damage and even injuries.
13. Fix any existing leaks. Don’t procrastinate when it comes to leaks.
14. Check if your roof is sagging. If your roof is sagging you may need to replace it.
15. Trim the trees that are touching your roof. Tree branches can damage your roof.
16. Check nearby areas. Apart from trees, you should also check for other surroundings that can damage your roof.
17. Inspect your home’s interior. You must also check inside your home for leaks.
18. Check the edges of your roof. Roof edges are prone to damage.
19. Have an action plan for emergencies. Despite your preparations emergencies can still happen. So better to be prepared.
20. Call Your Insurance Agent. You need to check if your plan is updated.
21. Review Your Warranty. Check the warranty of your roof.
22. Remove dirt ASAP.
23. Install snow guards. Snow guards can help you avoid snow dams
24. Call the pros again. Schedule a professional roof inspection again a month before winter starts.
25. Enjoy the winter.
Do the 25 things above and your roof will be winter-ready in no time. For metal roof repairs and other services don’t hesitate to contact us!