Common Commercial Roofing Problems and How to Fix Them
Commercial roofs are exposed to a variety of weather conditions and other factors that can cause problems over time. Here are some common commercial roofing problems and how to fix them:
- Leaks: Leaks are one of the most common commercial roofing problems, and they can be caused by a variety of factors such as damaged or missing shingles, flashing, or seals. To fix a leak, it’s important to identify the source and make the necessary repairs. This may involve patching holes, sealing seams, or replacing damaged materials.
- Ponding water: If water collects and stands on your roof for an extended period of time, it can cause problems such as leaks, rot, and mold growth. To fix ponding water, you may need to install additional drainage systems or make repairs to the existing ones.
- Missing or damaged shingles: Missing or damaged shingles can allow water to enter your building and cause leaks. To fix this problem, you’ll need to remove the damaged shingles and replace them with new ones.
- Clogged gutters: Clogged gutters can prevent water from draining properly, which can cause leaks and other problems. To fix this problem, you’ll need to clean out the gutters and ensure that they are functioning properly.
- Poor insulation: Poor insulation can cause energy inefficiencies and make it more difficult to control the temperature in your building.